Director Sales Operations AMS Public Sector (Burke)
Compensation: $106,060.00 - $160,480.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability
, and insights
. Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
Veritas Worldwide Field Operations (WFO) propels company growth by driving all aspects of new business and channel sales and includes global sales operations and global sales enablement for all new business and renewal sales.
The Director, Sales Operations is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the Public Sector. Reporting to the Senior Director, AMS Sales Operations. Working in partnership and close alignment with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the Public Sector. This position is responsible to drive success within the Public Sector, enabling process and methodologies to ensure Public Sector sales results are maximized. This position executes the Public Sector strategy. Offers insight and drives innovation to the broader business, drives simplification across the business processes and assistance in the development and execution of key strategies for sustained growth.
The Director, Sales Operations Public Sector executes functions which are essential to achieving results. These include:
Pipeline development, velocity and conversion
Quota setting and management
Sales process optimization
Sales program implementation
Compensation administrationJOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Analyze the performance of the Public Sector throughout the sales process to identify areas of concern and best practices. Use this analysis to provide feedback and areas of focus to improve performance
- Develop key metrics to be communicated across the Public Sector, in addition to leadership who provide insights into the sales process and effectiveness of the sales organization
- Partner with sales leadership to refine messaging focus throughout the sales cycle to differentiate our products from the competition
- Execute sales enablement in the region and demonstrate quantifiable results (pipeline)
- Coach and mentor sales leaders through the rollout of new programs and initiatives to ensure successful rollout and adherence to programs
- Coordinate assigned forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the organization
- Ensuring the highest levels of data quality and adherence to data standards and standard process
- sales quota assignments
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Measures compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data
- Working closely with Finance and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel
- Achieve Public Sector sales goals
- Build and maintain pipeline such that Public Sector sales results are achieved
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management
- Executive presence, requirement to engage at a peer level, not only within assigned GEO, with other senior sales executives as well
- Persuasive teaming required to drive results in collaboration at a senior level with executive peers, demonstrable experience at this level
- Understanding of how to use data to drive decision making
- 10+ years of work experience in sales operations, strategy/consulting and/or operations roles
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong record of leadership and ability to work and influence effectively
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility
- Strong business and financial acumen
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Associated topics: branch manager, leader, management, principal, regional sales manager, sales executive, sales leader, sales manager, team leader, territory manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...