- Trustco Bank
- $28,110.00 -43,750.00/year*
Customer Service/Call Center
49 Ridge Rd
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary Grade: NE10
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
The Customer Service Representative supports the branch manager by overseeing the efficient operation of the branch to ensure all operational functions are completely and properly performed by the staff while conveying a feeling of trust, service, security and satisfaction to customers and staff. The duties of the Customer Service Representative are contingent on the scope of the services that are offered at the facility. The Customer Service Representative must have a familiarity with IRA services and personal banking products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank's Board of Directors.
* Manages branch in the absence of branch manager.
* Supervises head teller and tellers in the manager's absence.
* Build and promote branch identity, drive sales and promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service and branch success.
* Provides quality customer service through personal contact with customers and prospects in adherence with company policy.
* Handles customer issues in person or over the phone with their bank product or service by assisting in researching and solving the issue.
* Reviews and approves requests to include approval to cash large checks, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets, and the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash counts.
* Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas such as operating control loss, tellers' level of experience, bank secrecy, and compliance with established policies and procedures.
* Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours:
Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Employees will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing of the branch.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
* Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
* Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
* Treatment during employment
* Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
* Selection for training, including apprenticeship
* Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.
* High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
* Supervisory experience.
* Customer service experience.
* Cash handling experience
* Effective verbal communication skills.
* Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Ability to work well in small groups.
* Bachelor's degree
* Previous banking experience.
Travel using personal vehicle, occasional overnight travel. Valid driver's license required.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to lift 10 to 20 lbs.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Must have dexterity to handle money.
* Must use hands to operate office machines.
* Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Position Customer Service Representative Location Hartsdale About the Organization Trustco Bank is locally famous for its friendly, Home Town atmosphere. We believe that our employees make our reputation. We know that our employees are one of our greatest assets, and we think you'll agree after reading about the many benefits that we provide to our staff!
Associated topics: call, call center, customer, guest, phone call, representative, service call, telephone, telephone activation specialist, trouble resolution
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...