Sr. Manager, Merchandising - Womens Outlet Bags
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Global Merchandising
Primary Purpose: The Senior Merchandising Manager will be responsible for driving the strategy and product assortment for Womens Outlet Bags. The Senior Manager will play a key role in partnering with Design, PD, Global Planning and the Business Units to develop and implement strategies to maximize sales and profitability, while aligning to the brand vision. The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing junior members on the team and ensuring that key deliverables are met. Reports to Director, Merchandising.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Merchandising to...
Product and Business Strategy
- Develop quarterly product strategies that support key global business needs and align with brand strategy
- Partner and effectively build relationships with Global Merchandise Planning (GMP) and Business Unit Buyers to effectively drive business
- Own pricing of product using deep understanding of competitive landscape and customer knowledge
- Partner with Design & PD to communicate costing needs and maintain dept. margin
- Build and develop balanced assortment to meet brand & financial objectives
- Partner with Global Merchandise Planning (GMP) to set financial targets each season
- Analyze current business to identify opportunity and risks in future assortments
- Manage presentation documents & tools each season to communicate assortment strategy
Market Analysis & Reporting
- Research competition to understand the global markets and make recommendations to drive business growth
- Seek out new ways to enhance and evolve the in-store retail experience through Visual Merchandising, Signage, and Marketing
- Present sales analysis & seasonal hindsights to merchandising leadership and cross-functional teams, highlighting key takeaways and future actions plans
Organization and Team
- Manage team to meet key deliverables
- Successfully support growth and development of direct report
- Create individual development plan consistent with team goals
- Establish relationships with key global business unit partners & cross-functional teams
- Create partnerships with key global merchandising peers
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Excellent product sensibility
- Ability to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for business
- Strong managerial skills
- Strong analytical, presentation and problem solving skills
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of what is needed to drive a business
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in partnering with a cross functional team
- Capability to adapt to changes and challenges with a positive outlook
An outstanding professional will have...
- BA or BS degree with 6-8 years of experience in a Merchandising or Buying capacity in a related business or brand. Prior experience in Bags/Leathergoods is a plus as well as prior experience in a Global role.
- Strong analytical skills and comprehensive understanding of Retail Math
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Product Development and Production processes
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicants or employees qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Req ID: 59544
Job Segment: Merchandising, Marketing Manager, Retail, Marketing
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate
Loading some great jobs for you...