A&L Foods has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sales Representative/Merchandiser serving the Northern NJ region. The position is responsible for cultivating and maintaining superior customer relationships and for merchandising specialty foods at large retail grocery stores. The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented, motivated, and a self-starter. Flexible hours are available.
What You Will Be Doing:
* Organize, rotate and stock shelves during each store visit. Ensure all authorized items are tagged and in the appropriate location and set to shelf standards.
* Remove items that are out-of-code or not selling per customer guidelines.
* Write customer orders and enter orders into Navision efficiently and accurately.
* Build displays and create themes to increase sales volume and support holiday/ special promotions.
* Increase promotional effectiveness through strategic placement of appropriate POS material.
* Develop strong relationships with current customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
* Investigate and resolve customer questions or complaints and provide courteous customer service.
* Maintain proficient product knowledge.
* Other duties as needed/assigned.
What You Need:
* High school diploma or equivalent and previous retail/grocery merchandising experience required (one to three years preferred).
* Valid driver's license and insurance required. Ability to drive frequently throughout assigned territory.
* Superior customer service and interpersonal skills required.
* Detail-oriented and excellent organization skills
* Ability to operate and maintain vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
* Sufficient product knowledge.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of proper product handling techniques to avoid injury and ability to lift 50-75 pounds.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
* Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
* Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
A&L Foods offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) Plan with company match, and employee assistance program. This position also receives a car allowance, travel expense reimbursement and additional incentive potential.
About A&L Foods
Established in 1938, A&L Foods, Inc. has been serving the major metropolitan areas on the East Coast with dry, frozen, and refrigerated retail and institutional specialty groceries. Servicing national and regional chain stores, large institutional accounts, independent grocers, specialty/ gourmet stores, delis, restaurants, nursing homes, hospitals and schools, A&L Foods is a unique, specialty food distributor. A&L Foods is the only distributor that can provide any type of customer with all of its kosher food needs; whether it is a chain store requiring a complete kosher foods program, or a deli seeking the finest smoked salmon. A&L Foods remains one of the last local, family owned and operated food distribution companies in the area.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirement for consideration.
Phone calls and emails regarding this job posting are not accepted.
A&L Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate