Compensation: $64,580.00 - $104,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we re headed, we d love to have you join us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Planner of Merchandise Planning is responsible for partnering with the cross functional team on the development, communication, and execution of the financial strategy including sales, margin and inventory from department to class. The Planner ensures that hindsight, assortment framework and financial strategies are built in a way that service the NA market by gathering and assessing data of the market and partnering with the inventory planning teams. The Planner is responsible for Pre-season strategies through to Market investment to In-season OTB management and pricing.
WHAT YOU''LL DO
- Responsible for style level investments that hit the tops down product strategies and financial plan inclusive of sales, margin and inventory from division to department.
- Collaborate with the merchant team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments, inclusive of style/sku targets, in store dates, good/better/best framework, key attribute, and season code (time on offer).
- Partners with marketing on key investments aligned to big ideas, campaigns and marketing.
- Analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities for multiple departments.
- Responsible for delivering a flexible and responsive approach to inventory management inclusive of Test and Respond, Rapid Response and Open to buy.
- Drive profitability through leading and executing promotional and markdown strategies which align with divisional and brand financial goals.
- Recap and analyze business results vs expectations and immediately develop risk mitigation plans as needed to resolve.
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience required
BENEFITS AT GAP
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five on the clock hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Associated topics: buyer, display, inventory, merchandise, purchase, ship, shipment, store, supplier, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...