Retail Operations Leader
Dick's Sporting Goods in Carbondale, IL
- Industry: Retail - Management
- Type: Full Time
We are genuine in our belief that sports make people better and so are you! Immerse yourself in a workplace that loves to be active and lives the brand. Associates joining our team have an opportunity to be a part of the #1 sporting goods retailer in the country and create a lasting impact on their communities through sport and activity.
On our Team, everyone plays a critical role. Your Mission (and Ours) is to serve and inspire athletes and outdoor enthusiasts to achieve their personal best through the relentless improvement of everything we do.
Freight Flow Leader Duties:
- Create a world-class customer experience by providing passionate customer service and selling through customer engagement
- Supervising the freight flow processing function including shipping/receiving, transfers, RTV's, claims, key recs, claim processing and misdirected freight processing
- Uphold company standards for merchandise presentation of the best apparel and equipment brands in sporting goods
- Maintaining the receiving and stock areas
- Supervising the maintenance crew to ensure acceptable standards are maintained for the overall upkeep of the building
- Assisting the store management team with general supervision in the store in accordance with Company policies and procedures including opening and closing the store and front end coverage as assigned
- Complying with cash office procedures and preparing deposits and balancing cashiers
- Compliance to loss prevention standards and audit requirements
- Promote company programs including warranty sales, Scorecard (loyalty program), private-label credit cards, and other seasonal promotions
- Ability to meet the Federal requirements for handling and processing firearm transactions by successfully completing a background check
- As business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary
- Flexible availability - including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner and listen attentively to others
- Ability to process information/merchandise through the computer system and register system
- 1-2 years of Retail Operations experience preferred
- Knowledge of maintenance equipment helpful
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: assistant store manager, associate manager, department supervisor, director, major gifts officer, manager, principal, store supervisor, supervisor, retail management
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!