Sales Rep - Seminis Vegetables
Bayer in Kankakee, IL
- Industry: Sales - Retailer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $28,100.00 - 44,040.00 / Year*
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Sales Rep - Seminis Vegetables - Mid-South
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Sales Representative for Seminis Vegetables, you will be responsible for cultivating meaningful relationships with key Retail Distribution Partners, Direct Grower Accounts and entities across the Produce Chain (Packers, Shippers, Brokers and Retail) in the Northeast territory. You will facilitate the placement of commercial products and deliver the Seminis brand experience to our customers.
This role is accountable for the Mid-South geography sales results of Seminis products within Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Sales Rep Seminis Vegetables Delta, are to:
- Work with Sales Lead, Marketing Manager, Strategy Accounts, Market Development, and Customer Operations to earn No. 1 position with growers;
- Operate in close coordination with Bayer Marketing Team to execute and provide feedback to improve Marketing Plans;
- Understand customers needs and develop trusting relationships;
- Consistently demonstrate constructive leadership and positive image representing the Seminis brand and Bayer;
- Act as the business expert for growers; negotiate and plan for customers needs;
- Handle product performance inquiries and complaints, establish customer trial/plot plans, coordinate plot tours, and general management of the Delta territory;
- Manage forecasting, product line demand issues, and set the direction for the territory;
- Demonstrate proof-of-product performance and positioning against competition;
- Collaborate with Bayer s Market Development Team to maximize services, information, and sales to growers desiring extensive technical/agronomic expertise;
- Assist Market Development to establish side-by-side trial plots with targeted farmers; collect and summarize performance data to optimize product recommendations;
- Identify business opportunities for customers that will add value throughout the produce chain;
- Develop and maintain business growth plan for customers while increasing their profits.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Agriculture, Agronomy, Business, Communications or related field of study; will consider other degrees with related sales experience;
- Minimum of three years of professional sales/account management experience, or two or more years of experience working in the agricultural industry.
- Experience working in the commercial vegetables field.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : Arkansas : Residence Based || United States : Illinois : Residence Based || United States : Indiana : Residence Based || United States : Kentucky : Residence Based || United States : Louisiana : Residence Based || United States : Missouri : Residence Based || United States : Ohio : Residence Based || United States : Tennessee : Residence Based
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 128864
+ 1 888-###-####, option #5
Associated topics: b2c, door to door, electronic commerce, residential, residential customer, residential sales, retail, retailer
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!