Loading some great jobs for you...
Reports to: Store Leader
Pay Type: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Essential Job Functions:
Softlines Department Supervision and Merchandising
• Works with the team to ensure that the company standards of merchandise freshness, conditions, pricing, and shop-ability are maintained within the apparel department.
• Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to company standards.
• Oversees and assists in placement of apparel merchandise on sales floor.
• Responsible for overall merchandising of the apparel department including floor moves and signing including AD signing as needed.
• Oversees the maintenance and cleanliness of the fitting rooms.
Hardlines Supervision and Merchandising
• Works with the team to ensure that the high standards of merchandise freshness, conditions, pricing, and shop- ability within hardlines.
• Partners with the Operational Team Leader to remerchandise areas ahead of the processing of the truck.
• Maps out plans for all of the promotional displays before the weekly ads drops.
• Ensures company standards are met through development and follow-up with team mates that are assigned specialized areas.
• Directs and supervise the work of teammates within assigned areas of responsibility (AOR).
• Ensures that all team members are provided tasks and are being productive.
• Collaborates with Store Leader on daily plans and assignments.
• Communicates to the team about daily plans and provide timelines.
• Clearly communicates expectations and hold the team accountable to those expectations.
• Assists Store Leader with recruiting and selecting teammates within AOR.
• Provides effective onboarding and training of new teammates within AOR.
• Provides regular observation, interaction, and coaching of assigned teammates.
• Provides recognition and candid feedback about performance and behaviors.
• Ensures all team members adhere to the company policies and procedures.
• Maintains respectful, values-driven workplace.
• Brings suggestions and complaints to the attention of the Store Leader.
• Responsible for opening and closing the store and serving as Leader on Duty (LOD) when required.
• Ensures responsibility for Front End operations when serving as LOD.
• Adheres to the policies and procedures related cash pulls, bank deposits, refunds, employee purchases, overprice and damage discounts, securing tills and cash in safe, voids.
• Reviews timesheets and performs edits for Teammate-Level One and Teammate-Level Two positions as needed.
• Receives Direct Store Deliveries and process in WITS.
• Accepts special assignments as directed by the Store Leader.
• Models the company’s customer service expectations.
• Oversees and coaches store team in providing efficient and friendly service.
• Drives the customer experience and ensure resolution of customer issues.
Loss Prevention and Safety
• Protects company assets by ensuring that any discrepancies are reported to the relevant partners.
• Assists with training team members on Loss Prevention awareness and store shrink goals.
• Maintains customer service presence on the sales floor with a heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
• Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
• Responsible for customer and team member safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures.
• High School diploma; Post- Secondary degree/diploma preferred.
• Prior retail experience.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Able to demonstrate mastery of skills required for Teammate-Level One and Teammate – Level Two positions.
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
• Able to effectively communicate information, both verbally and in written forms.
• Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
• Able to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give direction and follow through to completion.
• Able to observe, assess and coach the work of others.
• Able to reason, make decisions, and use independent judgment in various situations.
• Able to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Proven reliability and personal integrity.
• Able to operate all tools and equipment to perform job. This includes: store computer, printer/scanner, software used by the company, cash register/scanner, Monarch price and Swiftach guns, box cutter, pallet jack and rolling merchandise carts.
Bargain Hunt is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Bargain Hunt also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Human Resources.
In addition to the above:
• May sometimes be required to drive to the bank to make deposits.
• Will periodically need to drive to meetings or other stores for business purposes.
• Will need to adjust work schedule to the needs of the business, including working some nights, weekends, holidays.
• This is a full-time position that requires open availability.
• Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, including outside perimeter of the store.
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing less than 5 lbs. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing and pulling of racks/carts weighing 50 to 250 pounds.
• Frequent reaching to various levels and directions to move product.
• Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding and merchandise ticketing.
• Continuous standing, frequent walking, bending and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to stock product.
• Continuous needs to hear and verbally communicate in order to interact with and respond to others. Will need to hear requests in person and via walkie-talkie.
• Will occasionally be exposed to hazardous solvents (cleaners, detergents), radiation (Microwave in break room), continuously exposed to dust.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...