A Market Sales Manager (MSM) is an effective communicator and leader that performs managerial and operational duties. This position leads Anderson associates within assigned markets in their completion of timely execution of merchandising activities. The position also participates in the development of associates communication and selling skills. We achieve optimal results by implementing the Anderson Approach, which consists of Collaboration, Pre-sell and Awareness, Implementation, Reporting and Post Reporting.
The MSM is a decision-making position that reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES, include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for communicating and collaborating on promotions and programs to Market Managers and Store Managers.
- Lead and train assigned associates in store management communication and collaborating to increase sales and execution.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit, interview, and hire quality sales associates.
- Works closely with Territory Sales Leads and Sales Merchandisers to communicate program and project expectations and metrics.
- Works closely with Territory Sales Leads and Sales Merchandisers to communicate training initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all Anderson Merchandisers associates, clients, and contacts.
Pre-Sell and Awareness
- Communicate goals and metrics for products, programs and initiatives to Territory Sales Leads and Sales Merchandisers.
- Sell placement and products to Market Managers, Store Managers, and team.
- Make Regional Manager aware of success or potential barriers.
- Lead and train associates skills and effectiveness to increase product sales and promotion placement.
- Meet company/retailer/client execution, compliance and accuracy standards and metrics within assigned market.
- Responsible for Volt training and accountability for all personnel within assigned market.
- Responsible for A+ Certification achievement for all personnel within assigned market.
- Monitor dashboard reporting projects and programs in order to take real-time corrective action to ensure that project objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for integrity and accuracy of execution compliance for all work activities within the market.
- Provide timely and urgent response to internal and external escalations.
- Responsible for maximizing company sales and profits while controlling expenses.
- Maintain company, client, and retailer confidentiality.
- Conduct timely performance evaluations based on company timelines.
- Coach high level of associate performance and leadership development through regular store visits and quality feedback.
- Meet Anderson and client execution standards and metrics within market.
- Control expenses and maximize company profit.
- Monitor dashboard reporting projects and programs to provide real-time responses and communication on sales priorities.
- Provide solution-focused direction for Territory Sales Leads and Sales Merchandisers.
- Assist in assessing current programs and promotions.
- Train associates how to communicate specific sales and promo placement results.
- Communicate specific sales and promo placement results with Store Managers and Market Managers.
- Conduct frequent business reviews with Market Managers/Market teams, and Store Managers.
- Report specific requests, needs, or sales opportunities to Regional Sales Manager or WWHY based on opportunity.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Problem Solving the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and maintains confidentiality.
- Leadership the individual effectively teaches, coaches, and counsels associates by effectively communicating and providing follow-up.
- Interpersonal Skills the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others ideas and exhibits a willingness to try new things.
- Oral Communication the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Control the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors their own work to ensure quality.
- Planning/Organizing the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve.
- Integrity - the individual acts in such a way that instills trust from management, other associates, as well as customers. Acts with honesty while assisting customers, processing transactions, handling money, and confidential information.
- Teamwork - the individual has the ability to work with others including partners, vendors, and customers in a positive manner. They understand others roles and empower one another to take responsibility to be a successful team. Demonstrates a collaborative interaction with peers to reach a common goal.
- Availability to work weekends and nights, as needed.
- Availability to work overnight projects, as needed.
- Ability to make required travel to include overnight stays.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or carry objects/products up to 35 lbs. and lift objects and product up to a maximum of 50 lbs., on occasion.
- Able to perform work while sitting, standing, or walking.
- Ability to perform work that regularly consists of bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, and fine manipulation of hands and/or fingers.
- Fully functioning upper and lower body mobility.
- High School diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job-related experience.
- Valid driver's license is required as travel to additional locations is necessary.
- Automobile liability insurance is required to be maintained.
Retail Execution West LLCSales
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate